- To develop and extend interest in Russian language and culture.
- Development of verbal skills (storytelling and narration).
- Development of written skills and techniques (writing essays, compositions, expositions, dictations, making titles, continue stories etc.)
- Memory improvement and familiarity with poetry - reading and declamation.
- Vocabulary - meaning of new words, idioms, popular expressions, proverbs and sayings.
- Grammar, spelling and syntax:
- Auditee vowels and consonants.
- Pair consonants.
- Letters and syllables.
- Paronymous words.
- Soft sign and its functions.
- Punctuation marks.
- Parts of speech - Noun, Adjective, Verb, Pronoun, Preposition.
- Parts of word - Prefix, Root, Suffix, Ending