This privacy notice sets out how the Russian Edinburgh Education and Support Centre (Russian Edinburgh for short) uses and protects any information that you give Russian Edinburgh when you register as a member.
Russian Edinburgh is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Whilst we ask you to provide certain information in order to access our services, we assure you it will only be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
Russian Edinburgh may change this notice from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. We will also communicate any changes made to this notice to all members. This notice is effective from 25th May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and date of birth of persons participating in our core activities such as Russian language lessons
- Where the person participating is an adult, we may ask them to provide their email address, a phone number, and postal address
- Where the person participating is a child, we may ask for the following:
- Name, email address, phone number and postal address of one of the child’s parents/guardians
- Contact information for the child’s GP
- Any medical information we should know about
- Name, email address. phone number and postal address for another emergency contact (not necessarily another parent or guardian).
What we do with the information we collect
We require this information to enable the provision of our core services, ensuring that we can contact the persons participating in our core activities or their parent(s)/guardian(s) when such a need arises. In particular, we may use their contact information to send out periodic updates with the latest information relevant to our core activities.
We gather medical information such as the name of the GP for cases when the participant requires urgent medical attention and we are unable to contact their parent(s), guardian(s), or emergency contact.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- You may decline to provide any of the personal information we request. However, if we do not hold any contact information for the parent(s)/guardian(s) of an underage participant, we ask that a parent/guardian remain on the premises where our activities take place at all times. Also note that we may not be able to send you important updates, including changes to lesson arrangements or payment information, if we are unable to store your personal information.
- If you have previously agreed to us storing and using your personal information, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The above condition shall apply from the moment we do not have permission to store or use your personal information.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. Our communications may include some promotional information about third parties (such as Russian language and culture-related events) that we think you may find interesting.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. As of 25th May 2018, you have certain rights with regards to your data. If you would like a copy of the information held on you after that date, please write to email@example.com, and we will provide it in line with our data protection policy.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us (the postal address can be found on our record with the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator at www.oscr.org.uk) or email us as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Russian Edinburgh is a charity registered in Scotland, registration number SC036049